Thursday, March 08, 2012

The Book of Bunny Suicides

Andy Riley The Book of Bunny Suicides (2003) Cartoons illustrating the title theme. Some are bizarre and gruesome (a bunny jumps into a colander, the rock at the other end of the see-saw flips on top of it, it’s reduced to bunny noodles), others merely bizarre (a bunny sits on a bobsled run reading the paper while a four-man sled hurtles down on it), some are just funny (a bunny has attached dynamite to the leaning Tower of Pisa, and is about to depress the plunger). I have no idea how bunny lovers would react to this book. Oh wait, I’m a bunny lover, and I thought this book was funny. Ok, mildly amusing: the joke wears off about half way through. **-½

No comments:

Visual and other illusions

   Visual illusions vary. Some can be controlled. For example, I find that once I’ve seen both images in a dual-image illusion, I can see ei...