Monday, February 11, 2013

Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit (1954)

     P. G. Wodehouse Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit (1954) Bertie Wooster and Aunt Dahlia get into the usual mix of pickles, some home-made by themselves, some constructed by others. Jeeves once again provides advice and action, and all ends happily. As usual, Bertie gets mixed up with a female who wants to marry him, there is the threat of physical retaliation from the spurned lover, love at first sight, missing necklaces, dark secrets, and so on. Wodehouse’s style as always amuses: he is the master of the twisted cliche and the apt (if often unattributed) quotation. Wonderful stuff. I see by the notes in the book that I bought it in 1979. Left it on the shelf for future pleasure, which it provided. ***

No comments:

Visual and other illusions

   Visual illusions vary. Some can be controlled. For example, I find that once I’ve seen both images in a dual-image illusion, I can see ei...