Thursday, October 03, 2013

Douglas G. Green, ed. The Collected Short Fiction of Ngaio Marsh (1991)


 

     Douglas G. Green, ed. The Collected Short Fiction of Ngaio Marsh (1991) Just what the title says. The Alleyn mysteries look like trial runs for novel plots, the others are typical commercial fiction of the period: moody, with a twist. In the days before TV, people read genre fiction by the ton. Marsh was as skilled a practitioner of the craft as any, but she did not need to pursue it to make a living. As I understand her life, she worked in theatre in New Zealand and the novels brought in welcome additional income. Still, these stories are fun to read. ** to *** (2007)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ηello there! This poѕt could not be written mսch
ƅеtteг! Loⲟking through this artіcle reminds mе of myy previous roommate!
He alѡays kept preaching about this. I am going
to sеnd this infߋrmation to hіm. Fairly
certsin he'll have a goοd read. Many thanks for sharing!

I'm an old man now (A poem)

 A Poem I’m an old man now. The weight of my memories bears down on my days. The truck there carries freight, I carry my thoughts. They pool...